~ Please Note ~

Unless otherwise noted, all photographic images in this blog are the sole property of Kim L Branson and therefore may not be copied or used in any way without expressed permission by the owner. Thank you.

Welcome to CLIQUE!

I can trace my love of photography back three generations, to the early 1900s and my paternal great-grandfather, Henry Mattson. I have a really cool photo that he took of the old family homestead in Minnesota, sometime before 1910. According to family history, Grampa Mattson frequently took photos of his world - the people and places that he loved.

It warms my heart to know that this love of photography didn't skip any generations as it passed down to me! I am blessed to have such a legacy and I hope to pass it on to my own children and grandchildren some day.

I experience a physical and spiritual thrill whenever the Lord shows Himself in His marvelous creation around us and in the people I meet. My dream vacation would be to spend a year or two just traveling around the US, stopping at little out of the way places and photographing the interesting characters and the beauty of nature to be found along the way - those things that draw me closer to GOD and help point others to Him, too.

Sunday, September 2, 2007

More Reflections...

The past 6 days have been a time of reflection for me, personally.
On lessons learned...
On love received
and love given...
On happy memories...
On a few regrets...
On my Dad -
my family -
myself.
Being reflective allows us to take a good look at ourselves and our lives. Are we where we want to be at this point in life? Am I where I want to be? Where I thought I would be?
If not -- when did I get off track and how do I get back on?
Actually, I know the answer.
I got off track when I stopped making time to commune with GOD every day. We used to have such a sweet time togther - in His Word, in prayer, in worship... We were truly -- connected -- for a time. I could hear His voice, leading me in the way I should go. The Holy Spirit would prompt and I would move. I had impressions - visions, some might say - and I could smell the Lord's presence quite frequently...
I miss that. A lot.
I let *SELF* get in the way and put my own wants ahead of my needs. I need to spend time every day with Jesus - but the first thing I do each morning (after using the bathroom, getting dressed and taking the dog out) is get on my laptop. I need to make time to just SIT quietly and meditate on GOD - but instead, I turn on the radio or TV and fill my head with noise.
With Dad's passing, I have been reminded that time moves too swiftly to waste it. Procrastination feels like a soft, warm quilt on a cold, wintery day - it's so cozy to remain in my little cocoon and forcing myself out of it into the frigid air of life is the last thing I want to do. Procrastination may seem soft and comforting, but in reality it is a great tool of the enemy's and one that I've allowed to steal away my time, my energy, my creativity and my relationship with Christ.
It's time for me to throw off that blanket and step into the cold. It's time to stop looking at the "frigid air" as something to avoid and instead, embrace it as something invigorating and empowering. It's time to breathe deep and allow it to energize me into living my life the way I was called to live it, rather than remain huddled in a cozy cocoon of stagnation.
I realize this post sounds rather melancholy, but I needed a little time to reflect.
Sunset reflected in the window of my blazer

This was one vendor's way of commenting on the amount of rain that occured at the State Fair yesterday...


Farris Wheel in a Mud Puddle

8 comments:

Angela said...

Your work is remarkable. The reflection of the ferris wheel is astounding because it *is* a puddle but I don't see it at all, I just see the beautiful reflection. You have one of the keener eyes that I have ever seen and, you are very right, reflection is positive while procrastination really does just set a person back; wasting time is wasting the one definite, finite thing we have (that could be in our favour if we chose to make it so).

Colleen said...

Great photos and especially that ferris wheel one... it is OUTSTANDING!!!!

reflections:0) said...

Kim~ I know that this time is hard on you and yours... You are in my heart...:0)

You have known me for years and you know my Siggy line.... Here it is just one more time, just for you my friend in your time of reflection.....

We all need a little time to reflect...
SBing is the way that I have found to reflect my past, present, and future...:0) © By: reflections:0)

Great photo's and I see "him" and all he has made in this world in your refections.... I do not think you may be as far from him as you thought....:0)

I am thinking of foot prints in the sand right now.... And it is at this time that he carries you.... H2H

Flexie:0) A.K.A. reflections:0)

Jane F. Smith said...

LOVE the puddle pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Reflecting seems to have brought you back to a safe place in the Lord. Wonderful journaling! The ferris wheel reflection is amazing!

Unknown said...

I like the ferris wheel reflection the best. Very good photographic eye.

cherie said...

you have away with words, nice job. the ferris wheel photois my fav of these!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful reflection of life.
Thanks for sharing your heart !