~ Please Note ~

Unless otherwise noted, all photographic images in this blog are the sole property of Kim L Branson and therefore may not be copied or used in any way without expressed permission by the owner. Thank you.

Welcome to CLIQUE!

I can trace my love of photography back three generations, to the early 1900s and my paternal great-grandfather, Henry Mattson. I have a really cool photo that he took of the old family homestead in Minnesota, sometime before 1910. According to family history, Grampa Mattson frequently took photos of his world - the people and places that he loved.

It warms my heart to know that this love of photography didn't skip any generations as it passed down to me! I am blessed to have such a legacy and I hope to pass it on to my own children and grandchildren some day.

I experience a physical and spiritual thrill whenever the Lord shows Himself in His marvelous creation around us and in the people I meet. My dream vacation would be to spend a year or two just traveling around the US, stopping at little out of the way places and photographing the interesting characters and the beauty of nature to be found along the way - those things that draw me closer to GOD and help point others to Him, too.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Texture Tuesday 2/28/12 ~ The White eDition

This week's challenge for Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday group was to use at least one of Kim's textures and the photo must represent the word or concept of "White." I thought winter-time images would be perfect for this challenge and I actually chose this photo from the same group I used last week -- one of many shots I took at Mirror Lake in Chugiak, Alaska in November 2008. First is the straight-out-of-camera image, followed by the edited image and formula for achieving my results. Following that, there are a couple more shots taken during that photo shoot.

SooC

Formula

* Cropped original image to 10x8, 300 dpi
* Levels adjustment layer
* Changed color image to B&W (Ctrl + U to bring up Hue/Sat menu; slide staturation bar to far left)
* Increased contrast
* Filter > Distort > Diffuse Glow
* Watercolor texture by Karen from Texture Tuesday - Soft Light @ 79%
* kk_Providence texture - Multiply @ 63%
* Merged all layers
* Clipped photo to mask made by me w/brush from "Grungey Lines by Meth"
* Added caption - CK_Ali's_Hand_Offical font







Thanks for looking! Now, hop on over to Kim Klassen Cafe and check out all the other lovely and creative entries. See you next week!

~ kimB

8 comments:

ju-north said...

Beautiful images! thanks for sharing the recipe!

Pat Mark said...

These are all just beautiful. I love what winter does to the landscape, just don't like being cold so much!

Peg Rogers said...

KIm,
Your pictures make me homesick. I lived in Palmer for 22 years. Beautiful capture of Mirror Lake.

Evelyn S. said...

Your work is amazing...but so are your photos! I just want to try every recipe. ;-)

A Creative Grace said...

I love these images, the patterns are wonderful.

cheryl c. said...

Kim your work is wonderful. And the music is just so lovely.
Winter white is my favorite white. You did a great job on your texture. I still belong to Texture Tuesday but don't get to do much now that I'm in Beyond Layers.
So much to do and so little time.
I'm going to come back here and really have a nice look when I have a few more minute..

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your comment was so thoughtful.

Evelyn ~ Indigo Beach Art said...

Beautiful snowy images!

Jeanne said...

Absolutely love the processing you have done on these snow photos! Very lovely