My photo doesn't really reflect that type of celebration, however -- instead, I am sharing this fireworks photo that I took nearly three years ago (January 3, 2009). Alaska was celebrating her 50th year of statehood that day and there were state- and city-wide events happening all that weekend, one of which was this fabulous fireworks show held in downtown Anchorage. Normal low temps for that time of year are in the upper teens Farenheit - you can see in the last photo what the temp was while we were downtown experiencing the festivities!
|Straight out of Camera|
* Cropped original image to 8 x 10 300dpi
* Ctrl J to Duplicate layer - Soft Light 55%
* Added Kim Klassen's "Look Upon" texture - Multiply 85%
* Merged layers and clipped to border mask
* Added text: CAC Shishoni Brush (Alaska); Gloucester MT Extra Condensed (50 years of statehood); Bernard MT Condensed (1959-2009)
* Using white type, applied Overlay blending mode @ 100%
* Added my own watermark (Beyond Wonderland & Tekton Pro); applied Soft Light and lowered opacity to 55%
|Yes, that's 24 degrees BELOW zero! Just a bit nippy...|
Be sure to stop by Kim Klassen Cafe and check out this week's fabulous entries!