~ Please Note ~

Unless otherwise noted, all photographic images in this blog are the sole property of Kim L Branson and therefore may not be copied or used in any way without expressed permission by the owner. Thank you.

Welcome to CLIQUE!

I can trace my love of photography back three generations, to the early 1900s and my paternal great-grandfather, Henry Mattson. I have a really cool photo that he took of the old family homestead in Minnesota, sometime before 1910. According to family history, Grampa Mattson frequently took photos of his world - the people and places that he loved.

It warms my heart to know that this love of photography didn't skip any generations as it passed down to me! I am blessed to have such a legacy and I hope to pass it on to my own children and grandchildren some day.

I experience a physical and spiritual thrill whenever the Lord shows Himself in His marvelous creation around us and in the people I meet. My dream vacation would be to spend a year or two just traveling around the US, stopping at little out of the way places and photographing the interesting characters and the beauty of nature to be found along the way - those things that draw me closer to GOD and help point others to Him, too.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Orange eDition, pt 2

I did this photo last night for a friend and thought it fit very well with this week's TT "Orange" theme. Taken in July 2011 at the historic Kennecott Copper Mine in McCarthy Alaska.


Straight out of camera



Formula --
* Cropped original photo and added levels adjustment
* Added Kim Klassen's texture, "Cracker Jack" - color burn @ 100% - used a layer mask and removed texture from the bolt
* Added another layer of "Cracker Jack" - soft light @ 100%
* Added a 3rd layer of "Cracker Jack" - mulitply @ 100%
* Added Kim Klassen's texture, "Chamomile" - multiply @ 100%
* Clipped edited image to clipping mask made with digital brushes by "meth" (brusheezy.com)
* Added text - "High Tower Text" and "Century Gothic" fonts

TFL ~ klb
* 

4 comments:

johanna said...

both of your TT entries are just fabulous!!

Jessica -- Living in a Still Life said...

just beautiful - picture, processing and quote! Wonderful work! : )

Kathy said...

Love this shot...simple but has lots of personality. The texture you used is perfect and the quote beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your inspiring words.

Bright blessings,
Kathy

yvette said...

'Crackerjack' is such a wonderful texture...a great photo and the orange tones give it even more rustic and vintage feeling! A great quote also. TT#135 Twistedvines